Serves 4-5 | Wine to sip while cooking: 2009 Charles Shaw Sauvignon Blanc
- 20 large prawns (recipe uses Red Argentinian Prawns)
- 1/4 pound Langostino Tails (can be thawed or frozen)
- 1 cup English Peas
- 20 ready-made ravioli squares with your favorite filling (recipe uses lobster-filled raviolis)
- sea salt and peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups Sauvignon Blanc wine
- Sliced sourdough bread
- butter for spreading
- Boil ready-made ravioli squares as instructed on the packaging. Drain and set aside.
- Steam English peas 3-4 minutes. Remove peas immediately from steamer. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and ground peppercorns to taste and set aside.
- In a large pan heat oil under medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook 3 minutes each side if frozen or 1-2 minutes each side if thawed. Season with garlic powder and set aside.
- Cream sauce: In a large pan, preferably wok-shaped, add heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc wine and reduce over medium heat 6-7 minutes stirring regularly. Add another 1/2 cup wine and reduce another 6-7 minutes stirring regularly. Add the final 1/4 cup wine and reduce a third time for 6 minutes stirring regularly. During this third reduction add the Langostino Tails.
- Combine the cooked ravioli, peas, and prawns into the cream sauce and warm another 3 minutes.
Serve dish topped with ground peppercorns, with warmed or toasted sourdough bread and butter.