Serves up to 4 | Wine to pair or sip while cooking: 2008 Carneros Buena Vista Pinot Noir – Rich cherry and blackberry, earthy spice and supple, velvety texture
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 8 large crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 16 ounces organic ground beef patties or organic ground beef to make into 4 patties
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt & peppercorns
- 4 honey wheat hamburger buns
- mayonnaise, mustard and/or your favorite hamburger spread
- Sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced – I used a New Zealand GRASS FED Sharp Cheddar.
- 1 oz organic micro greens (aka gourmet restaurant greens which may include a blend of micro broccoli, purple kohlrabi, red cabbage, kale, mizuna, red mustard, tatsoi, amaranth, and celery)
- Organic Kosher Sandwich or Whole Pickles
- A bag of baked onion rings
- Season beef with salt and ground peppercorns to taste. If seasoning individual beef patties infuse 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper by spreading the spices with a fork across the patty.
- In a medium skillet add heat the oil on medium-high. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts turning brown and slightly caramelized. Add 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds. Remove mushrooms from pan and put aside.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat fry the patty about 2 minutes each side for medium done.
- Toast hamburger buns and add spread to buns
- In a small skillet over high heat add mushrooms and reheat for 30 seconds.
- Place patty on bottom bun and top with cheddar, mushrooms, and micro greens.
Serve with pickles and baked onion rings on the side. (Tasty inside the burger too!)