Serves 4-6 | Wine to sip: Woodbridge 2010 Merlot by Robert Mondavi
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, chopped
- 4 ounces crimini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 5 pieces boneless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to oil baking sheet and dough
- hand-full of flour (pancake flour works too)
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- red chili pepper flakes, for serving
- Set bottom rack to lowest position and preheat oven to 450º F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and grill chicken 5-6 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove chicken, cut into small bite-sized strips and season with 2 teaspoon French thyme and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on a 10 x 15 baking sheet. Pat some flour on your hands and sprinkle flour on pizza dough. Stretch the dough out onto the backing sheet into a rectangle shape. Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil on top of dough.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, mozzarella and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Evenly scatter the chicken mixture onto the dough.
- Bake until crust turns golden about 12 to 15 minutes. Mix feta cheese with 1 tablespoon olive oil and scatter feta on top of pizza about 3 minutes before baking time is up.