Serves up to 4 | Wine to sip: Woodbridge 2010 Merlot by Robert Mondavi – I got a 1.5L bottle of this wine last week and it kept fresh for 3-4 days with a cork in the fridge.
I had a lot of left over mashed potato. Quesadillas was an easy solution! Add a side of Organic Arugula salad and you have a nice lunch or fun movie dinner.
- 12 corn tortillas
- grapeseed oil
- about 3 cups mashed potato
- 4 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese. This might be a blend of Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Asadero and Queso Blanco cheeses.
- 3 ounces sliced crimini or white mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic arugula
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup roasted and unsalted sunflower seeds
- sea salt and cracked peppercorns
Mashed Potato Quesadilla
- If tortillas are cold, warm them on a skillet to soften.
- Heat 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Spread about 1/4 cup mashed potato onto half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese onto other half of tortilla. Optional: Sprinkle sea salt to taste.
- Place tortilla onto hot skillet and fry for about 1 minute until tortilla is crisp. With tongs fold tortilla in half, drain excess oil and remove.
Organic Arugula Salad topped with Sauteed Mushrooms and Feta
- In a medium skillet add 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil. Sautee mushrooms until golden 2-3 minutes. Season with ground garlic and remove.
- In a medium bowl toss arugula with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with mushrooms, feta and sunflower seeds.
- Serve salad with cracked peppercorn on the side for seasoning.