My first blogged dessert. Yields 2 cups. Serves up to 4.
- 2 cups cottage cheese (450 g which is roughly 1 tub of cottage cheese so just use the whole tub)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla flavor)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons organic agave syrup
- 12 fresh strawberries (or more), sliced for serving
- Place cottage cheese, vanilla and sugar in blender and puree on High for 25-30 seconds. If using a high-speed blender (such as Vitamix) blend on Variable 8 for 25 seconds. Pour into container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place strawberries, Grand Marnier and agave syrup in blender and blend on High until smooth about 20-25 seconds. If using a high-speed blender, blend on Variable 10 for 20 seconds. Use wand to press berries into the blades.
- Divide strawberry sauce into four small cups or bowls. Place 1/4 cup cream mixture on top of berry sauce. Serve topped with sliced strawberries.