Serves 8 | Try with port or an Aprilbella & bubbly mix or an almond flavored bubblyFilling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 Ambrosia apples, peeled and cored, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 red pears, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup multi-grain flour (can be multi-grain pancake mix or all purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 cup multi-grain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned 100% whole grain oats
- 1/2 cup soft butter, equivalent to 1 stick of butter (4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- For the filling: Combine flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and flax seed in a large bowl. Toss the fruit in the mixture. Place fruit mixture in baking dish.
- For the crumble: In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, oats and soft butter. Mix well with a wooden spoon. You might need to use your fingers too!
- Evenly distribute the crumble on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until crumble turns golden brown.
Recipe inspired by http://naturalbornbaker.com/2012/03/21/rhubarb-strawberry-and-pear-crisp/.