Serves up to 3 | Wine to sip: 2009 Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon or a Merlot
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cube (6 grams) chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lemon (or 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt and cracked peppercorns
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or other frying oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked or beaten in a blender
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
In a rice cooker: Evenly place rice in cooker and add water until it is about 1 inch above the rice. Use your thumb as a measuring guide. Turn on rice cooker and add the Bouillon, coriander, butter then cover. After 10 minutes of cooking add lemon juice and stir the rice to disperse and mix in all the ingredients. Cover and let cooker finish the cooking.
In a saucepan: Same as cooker instructions but cook over medium-high heat covered with room for steam release. After water has evaporated to the level of the rice lower heat to medium-low and cook for 2 more minutes until you can no longer see the water bubbling in the rice. Don’t let water dry out too long or rice will begin to burn at the bottom.CRISPY CHICKEN
- Pound the chicken in a clear plastic bag or plastic wrap until it has flattened out a bit.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a 10″ skillet heat oil to MEDIUM heat. (Add more oil if using a larger skillet.)
- Set up the flour, beaten eggs and the bread crumbs mixed with Panko in 3 separate bowls.
- Using tongs or your fingers, dip the chicken in the flour until completely covered.
- Dip the floured chicken in the egg.
- Coat the egged chicken in the bread crumbs and Panko mix.
- Fry chicken 7-8 minutes per side until it is a deep golden crispy color.
Serve with rice and a side of salad.