- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (or Parmesan & Romano cheeses combined)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs whisked or beaten in a blender
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil or other frying oil
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping
- Slice zucchini into frites or fries.
- In one bowl place the flour. In another bowl place the beaten eggs. In a 3rd bowl mix the Panko, breadcrumbs, cheeses, garlic powder and salt.
- In a medium skillet heat oil on LOW. If using a larger skillet add more oil.
- Coat zucchini one by one in the flour. Then coat in the egg. Lastly dip in the breadcrumb mix. Do not overcoat the breadcrumbs or else it will begin to fall off the zucchini.
- Fry the zucchini turning it about every 1 minute until it is a dark golden brown all over.
Serve with warmed marinara sauce dip.
Recipe inspired by http://koskim.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/zucchini-fries/.