Absolutely delicioso! Serves 4 | Wine to sip: 2008 Clos La Chance Chardonnay Santa Cruz Mountains
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or other cooking oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced chopped, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 cup tomatillo roasted yellow chili salsa, preferably organic or your favorite red salsa
- 24 uncooked wild blue shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined (tail on ok)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ripe Avocado, diced
- 3 – 4 ounces fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, sliced into quarters (8 wedges total)
- Heat a large skillet medium-high and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add bell pepper and stir-fry until it softens. Continue to cook until it starts to blacken slightly. Remove bell pepper and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan on low and simmer salsa to keep warm. Do not boil.
- In the same skillet bell pepper was cooked in add 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until it turns pink and begins to curl. After shrimp is cooked, season with garlic powder, return bell pepper to skillet and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Divide the shrimp and bell pepper onto 4 plates. Top with avocado, cilantro and lime juice from 1 lime wedge. Then top with 1 tablespoon warmed salsa.
- Serve with extra lime wedges and salsa on the side.