- 8 ounces gingersnap cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a high speed blender such as Vitamix add the gingersnaps and blend into fine crumbs. Then add the butter, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt and blend until moistened.
- Press the gingersnap mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool.
- After rinsing out your high-speed blender, add the eggs, condensed milk, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and blend until creamy. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake until set 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate minimum 2 hours.
- WHIPPED CREAM: In your high-speed blender, whip the cream and confectioners’ sugar on a low setting until soft peaks form 1 to 1-1/2 minutes.
- WHIPPED CREAM ALTERNATIVE: Buy it ready-made – which is what I did.
Serve pie topped with cream and lemon zest.
Recipe adapted from real simple.