A flavorful, aromatic chicken that goes over rice, a side salad or veggies. Sipping wine:
2010 Bogle Vineyards California Merlot.
Tarragon Wine Sauce
- A little over 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as a Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup white balsamic (white wine vinegar)
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon, cut into shorter sprigs
- cooking gadget: a fine mesh sieve
- Heat a small saucepan to medium-high and combine wine, balsamic, shallots and tarragon. Reduce the liquid 8 minutes stirring the shallot and tarragon a bit. Should be a light boil not a rolling boil.
- Strain the mixture by pushing the liquid out from the shallot and tarragon through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Discard shallot and tarragon. Set aside.
- 1 pound organic chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces. Or you may leave the chicken thighs whole.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon California chile molido (red chili spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl combine cayenne, paprika, red chili spice, salt and peper.
- Coat chicken pieces in the chili mixture.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and cook seasoned chicken 12 minutes.
- Add the tarragon sauce to the chicken and heat through for 30 seconds.
Serve hot over rice, side veggies or salad.