Great over brown rice or as an egg skillet or omelet.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ham slices, cut and diced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Prepare asparagus: Cut the very ends off and toss. Then cut asparagus into bite sized pieces and separate the tips from the rest of the stem. Steam the stem pieces only (not the tips) for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil and saute onions until they just start to brown. Reduce heat to medium add garlic saute for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and 1 to 2 tablespoon water to moisten and saute mushrooms until they soften about 5 minutes.
- Add ham and asparagus tips saute 5 more minutes.
- Add asparagus stems saute 1 minute.
Serve over rice or make into an egg skillet or omelet.