Tilapia is a non-fishy white fish which bakes into a soft texture when cooked. It’s quite yummy.
Wine to sip: A chilled Chardonnay or Reisling.
- 1 pound tilapia (about 3 fillets), thawed. Remove excess water and moisture from fish by patting it with a paper towel.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 springs fresh rosemary, cut into smaller pieces if needed
- Preheat oven to 365° F.
- In a 9-by-13-inch or similar size baking dish mix the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, onion, garlic and rosemary.
- Add the tilapia and coat with the mixture. Then arrange fish and place rosemary springs on top.
- Place dish on bottom rack and bake 7-8 minutes on one side. Then turn fish over and arrange the rosemary so that it’s in the mixture. Bake an additional 7-8 minutes.
Serve fish topped with the rosemary-garlic-infused sauce and onions.