On my way to Trader Joe’s I was grappling with the daily matter of What to Cook for Dinner. I remembered I had some frozen langostino tails, shredded Mexican cheese and feta I always keep for my salads. So I bought flour tortillas for $1.79 and a pound of frozen wild blue shrimp. After pouring myself a glass of 2009 Beringer Merlot I got started on the fun.
- 3 teaspoon cooking oil such as olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 6-10 shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked lemon pepper or peppercorns
- 1 large flour tortilla
- shredded Mexican blend cheese (monterey jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla asadero blend)
- crumbled feta cheese
- jar of pineapple salsa (Trader Joe’s)
- In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove excess moisture from shrimp with a paper towel.
- Place shrimp in skillet evenly spaced from one another and cook 3 minutes each side.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper onto cooked shrimp and toss fry about 45 seconds.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and remove tails. And cut shrimp into smaller pieces.
- In another skillet heat 2 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Place tortilla over hot oil and top with the shredded Mexican blend cheese and feta. Top with the shrimp. Top with more shredded cheese and feta. Then top with the salsa. Heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly crispy brown.
- Fold in half and you’re done!