This mango salsa tops really nice over grilled salmon or steak. I tried it with a steak and I personally preferred the salmon. The salsa is great alone too!
- 1 cup just ripe mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- quarter of a red onion, chopped (optional: saute onions in 1 teaspoon oil)
- 1/4 cup, red bell pepper, small julienne slices (options: saute bell pepper in 1 teaspoon oil)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic (white wine vinegar)
- 2-3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Note: If you are cooking steak, saute the red onions and bell pepper and grill the beef in the same skillet as with the onions and bell pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve over salmon or grilled steak or enjoy alone.