Pair with a California Merlot or Central Coast Pinot Noir. Serves 2.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 steaks (top round, tri tip, or top sirloin)
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil such as grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup red wine (drinking wine)
- sea salt and pepper
- lime wedges, for serving
- To make the sauce: in a small bowl mix the parsley, cilantro, vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes.
- Heat a large skillet to High. Sear the steak for 1 minute on each side until almost blackened.
- Lower heat to Medium and add 1 teaspoon cooking oil to skillet. Cook steak 4 minutes each side for medium to medium-rare. After each side is cooked, immediately add the wine to deglaze the skillet about 10 seconds.
- Transfer steak to a platter to season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the steak topped with the parsley/cilantro sauce, then spoon some wine sauce from the skillet on top of the steak.
- Serve with lime wedges.