- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- zest of half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dollop of mayonnaise (about 1/8 cup)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- juice of half a lime
- 2 salmon filets, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil such as grapeseed oil
- lime wedges for serving
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, lime zest, oregano and Italian seasoning.
- In another bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard and lime juice.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin facing down on a plate. Spread a layer of mayonnaise sauce on top of salmon until completely covered. Then cover with breadcrumb seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium and fry salmon skin facing down first for 2 minutes for medium-rare. Carefully turn to the crumb side and fry another 2 minutes.
- Serve with side of lime wedges.