This should be named SLOPPY Avocado Chili Crab Burger. Once you start eating this amazing burger it will get sloppy. But it is yummy!
Yields 6 burger patties.
Ingredients: Avocado Chili-Lime Crab Mixture
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound claw crab meat
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- a few springs fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and seed removed
- juice of 1 large lime (or 2 small limes)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Ingredients: cooking and preparation
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, such as grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup flour (in a bowl)
- Hamburger buns
- arugula salad
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, sliced for serving
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet to medium. Saute shallot and garlic 3 minutes. Then remove shallot and garlic.
- In a mixing bowl mash the avocado and add the sauteed shallots and garlic and the rest of the avocado-crab mixture ingredients. Mix well.
- Form crab mixture into balls that fill the palm of your hand. Coat the crab balls in flour.
- In the same skillet add remainder of oil and increase heat to medium-high. Gently place crab balls onto skillet and press down on them to form a patty. Fry 4 minutes on each side.
- Toast hamburger buns and spread mayonnaise on them.
- Place seared crab patty onto wamred bun and top with arugula.
- Serve with sliced avocado.