- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained (roughly 14 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- jar of marinara sauce
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Slice tofu horizontally into eight slices. Season tofu with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a bowl combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, seasoning and remaining salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat the egg.
- Dip each tofu slice into egg, then into bread crumb mixture and coat generously.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add four tofu slices to skillet and fry 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Add remaining oil and fry the other four slices of tofu.
- In another pan heat marinara sauce, then top over tofu. Sprinkle extra Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve.
Adapted from The Pampered Chef