No white wine, but I had a bottle of chilled sake in the fridge. Need I say? This dish was scrumptious! Serves 2 or 3.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium or large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined (tails can be left on)
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet heat oil to medium-high. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes each side. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, cook and stir for 60 seconds. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon to a platter.
- Add all remaining ingredients to skillet, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced 8 to 10 minutes. Add shrimp back to skillet for last 60 seconds of reduction.
- Serve immediately on a warmed platter.