Potato Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Browned Butter Wine Sauce
Preheat oven to 450°.
- Have 4 tilapia fillets, thawed, dried with a paper towel and seasoned with sea salt.
- (Optional) Fried onion pieces, for serving
- 1 pound gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes 5 minutes in a 4 quart pot of water until potatoes are just done. Drain the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl add the potatoes, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mash until the potato becomes lumpy.
- Place tilapia fillets in a baking dish and top with the potato crust until the entire top of the fillet is covered.
- Bake 12 minutes on center rack. Then broil (on same center rack) for 3 minutes to slightly brown the potatoes.
Beurre Noisette (Browned Butter) Wine Sauce:
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (4 tablespoons), room temperature or softened (not melted)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine such as a Chardonnay
- Brown the butter in a skillet on LOW heat. Occasionally stir the butter with the skillet. The browning takes time so be patient. Don’t increase the heat to brown faster – it will only burn. Keep stirring the butter until it turns a brown amber color.
- Once browned add the lemon juice and wine. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, then immediately remove from heat.
- Plate the tilapia topped with fried onion pieces. Spoon the wine sauce around the fish and serve.
Recipe adapted from The Pampered Chef.