Baked Crispy Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried fennel seed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine bread crumbs with salt, pepper, rosemary, fennel, basil.
- In another bowl combine eggs and olive oil.
- Coat chicken in egg mixture. Then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Do this until all the chicken is coated.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Portabella and Fennel Wine Sauce
- 2 teaspoon olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped into short, thin slices
- 2 large Portabella mushrooms, sliced into short pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine – chardonnay or sauvignon blanc
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- In a large skillet heat oil to medium and add garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add fennel. Stir fry fennel 8 to 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Add mushroom, parsley, broth and wine. Simmer and reduce 10 minutes. Add lemon and reduce 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
Serve crispy chicken with fennel, mushrooms and wine sauce.