Preheat oven to 350° F.
Spinach Saute Ingredients
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 of a large sweet onion, finely chopped (or 1/2 of a small sweet onion, chopped)
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 big hand fulls fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Spinach Saute Preparation
- In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil to MEDIUM and saute onion until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to LOW, add another teaspoon oil and stir fry garlic until it begins to brown slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.Increase heat back to MEDIUM, add spinach and basil, saute until spinach wilts just so.
Place spinach saute into a mixing bowl – let it cool – then mix in the mozzarella cheese.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds fresh chicken breast (about 2 or 3 large pieces), cut chicken in half lengthwise, then pound until flattened a bit
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- Spread olive oil over all the chicken pieces.
- On a large plate spread a few pieces of prosciutto. Lay two chicken pieces on top in the same direction as prosciutto. Divide spinach mixture on top of chicken closer to the end where you will begin the roll. Roll your chicken into the prosciutto.
- Place chicken rolls on baking sheet and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Bake on center rack 35 to 40 minutes.