Simple but delicious Brussels sprouts with sauteed prosciutto and onion, black pepper and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Recipe serves 2 or 3.
- 8 to 10 ounces Brussels sprouts, sliced in half lenghthwise
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices prosciutto, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Steam Brussels sprouts for 1 to 2 minutes. Or blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from steamer and place on baking sheet. Bake on center rack for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat oil to medium-high. Add onions and saute until it just begins to brown 5 to 7 minutes. Add prosciutto and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, pepper and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in Pecorino cheese for about 30 seconds, remove from heat and serve.
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine Magazine April 2013 Recipes