I used 8 ounces (227 g) of linguine which serves 4.
Shrimp Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 2 pounds shrimp, thawed, deveined, tails can be left on
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoon fresh oregano (you can substitute with parsley)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl mix first the lime juice and salt until salt dissolves. Then combine the oregano, olive oil and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and coat with the mixture. Set aside in fridge.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds (you can substitute with toasted pine nuts)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the above ingredients and blend on low until it makes a paste. Empty pesto into a bowl.
- Fire up a grill or large skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp 1 to 2 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- Combine cooked pasta with the pesto.
- Serve pasta topped with shrimp.