Your basic everyday banana bread recipe. Otherwise known as, What to do with your ripened bananas.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup soft unsalted butter (or substitute with vanilla yogurt)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Optional: Add a handful of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or substitute with whole wheat flour)
- unsalted butter to butter your baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 5×9 inch baking loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with the butter. Put the banana mixture into a blender. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, baking soda, salt and blend on a low speed until just mixed. Add the flour last and blend on low until just mixed. Do Not Over Blend! Small lumps are okay. Add the optional walnuts or pecans and blend until just mixed for a second or two. (The second time I made this I added a handful of dried whole organic cranberries.) Pour mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on a rack, remove from pan and slice to serve.