All I could think of while eating this salad was how sweet and summery it tasted.
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds removed and chopped (will look like chopped cabbage)
- 1 orange, sliced and cut into squares
- 2 handful dried whole cranberries
Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
In a small mixing bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients. Optional: Pour the vinaigrette mixture into a small glass flask with a leak-proof top and shake well. Use the flask to serve.
In a salad bowl put in the fennel first. Drizzle vinaigrette over fennel. I like to slow pour a letter “G” onto the salad. Mix well. Then top with sliced oranges and dried cranberries.