A cinch to make and tastes oh-so-gourmet!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked peppercorns
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds fresh organic chicken thighs
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil or olive oil
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a bowl toss the tomatoes with lemon juice, cilantro and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss again and set aside.
- Wash chicken and remove any excess fat. In a clear plastic bag pound the chicken thighs until flattened out a bit. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the mustard and cayenne pepper. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. In another bowl put the panko.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/3 cup oil to medium-high. Fry the chicken until browned 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the tomatoes over the chicken. Garnish with the cheese and serve.
Source: Food and Wine January 2014