- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds fresh organic chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 8 to 10 slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white riesling
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley (or more if you love parsley!)
- In a clear plastic bag, pound the chicken breasts. If the chicken breasts are large cut in half.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle the sage all over.
- Wrap each chicken piece in a slice of prosciutto. Spread the flour onto a plate and press the chicken onto the flour covering it entirely and dusting off excess. Transfer the chicken to another plate or dish.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil to medium-high. Add the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown about 5 minutes each side until just cooked through. Transfer the chicken onto a clean dish.
- To the same skillet add the riesling wine and chicken broth and boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter. Reduce heat to medium, add back the chicken and 2 tablespoons parsley and cook until hot, 2 minutes turning chicken once. Season with the remaining fresh parsley, then serve and pour the sauce on top.
Source: Food and Wine April 2014