This is a 5-ingredient one dish wonder! Try it, you’ll love it!
- 8 medium to large shallots, quartered
- 1 cup capers (or 1-1/2 cup caperberries if you can find them!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 lemons, quartered
- sea salt and pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks or drumsticks and thighs with skin on (about 12 pieces drumsticks)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large deep baking dish, add shallots, capers (or caperberries), and olive oil. Add “one squeeze” lemon juice from each lemon slice and toss them into the dish. (Do not squeeze all the lemon juice out.) Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and Herbes de Provence. Nestle the chicken into the dish. Roast uncovered for 1 hour. About 15 minutes into baking time turn chicken over once.
Adapted from Food and Wine.