This recipe requires a high performance blender such as Vitamix.
- 1/2 pound carrots, chopped
- 1/2 pound parsnips, chopped
- 2 medium sweet onions, quartered
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Paste or Pureed Ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tangerines or oranges, halved
- 1/4 inch piece tangerine or orange peel
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, for serving
- In a large deep skillet, saute carrots, parsnips, onions and ginger in butter over medium high heat for 5 minutes, using a spoon to separate the onions.
- Add 2 cups broth, cover and simmer until tender, do not over cook.
- Place tangerines, tangerine peel and cooked vegetable mixture into the Vitamix. Add salt and pepper to flavor and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10 (highest variable), then to High.
- Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups broth. Blend for 60 seconds until smooth.
- Serve hot with sour cream on the side for garnish.
Adapted from Vitamix.